We Believe in the Triune God, the Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- God the Father/Creator, who brings creation into existence, upholds and reveals the ways of life that make for peace and wholeness, and ever works to heal and transform life through the power of love.
- God the Son, Jesus Christ, the firstborn of a new creation, who through his life, death and Resurrection saves us and all creation from the power of sin and death.
- God the Holy Spirit, who comforts, sustains, guides and empowers us to participate in God’s life and mission in the world.
We Believe every person is a beloved child of God
- Whom God created in God’s divine image, with inherent worth and dignity.
- Who confronts and suffers the distorting and destructive effects of sin in this life.
- Whom God has reconciled in the life, death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, defeating the powers of sin and death.
- Whom God seeks to make holy and whole, through the presence of the Holy Spirit, transforming us into Christlikeness.
We Believe in the Church as the community called to be instruments of God’s presence and coming reign in Jesus Christ
- Where people worship God joyfully, proclaim God’s Word faithfully and share the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion.
- Where all people are welcomed and nurtured as God’s sons and daughters.
- Where people are initiated into Christ’s body and nurtured toward Christian maturity through worship, prayer, study, fellowship and service.
United Methodists affirm the historic Christian faith as summarized in the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.